Those of you who follow know that I have been diagosed with gestational diabetes. Well, up until this point I have been able to manage it with my diet. With the oncoming of the third trimester of pregnancy, however, it has taken an ugly turn! My numbers were up with me eating the same exact diet. So after my last doctor visit I had to go back to checking sugar levels 4 times a day. He reviewed those Tuesday, and yesterday he put me on a low dosage of insulin. It sounds worse than it is. Thankfully, the 2 times that I have to take shots Brent is home and can administer them for me. I think giving to them myself would be the hardest part. With only 10.5 weeks left in this pregnancy we're confident that we can make it through this! The doctor does not think that I'll have to continue insulin after pregnancy, so fingers crossed! I'm really thankful that God has given me a peace in dealing with this part of pregnancy, and that he gave me Brent for the support he knew I would need.
With this change in dealing with the diabetes, we'll start going to the doctor weekly. Each visit we'll have a growth sonogram to check on Miles and to see how big he is getting! We're praying this insulin is just the trick and that the rest of pregnancy is smooth sailing!
Other than that, we are getting ready for our second shower! In February, my family is throwing us a shower. I'm so excited. Of course our family is just as excited as we are, so doing a shower with them is going to be so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment