Everytime I blog I feel like I should start with a disclaimer... I am an awful blogger! I think I'm just going to have to pick a day of the week and just do it! I love looking back through my blog to see how much Miles has grown!
Miles is 17 months old today! This time last year he was rolling over and sitting up, now he's running EVERYWHERE full speed and jabbering in what seems like complete sentences! He has gotten really good at imitating sounds. Last night when Miles and I got home, I said HOME, he repeated it! Of course, he won't repeat things until he's ready so Brent didn't get to hear it! He can count to 3. We know b/c we say it all the time. We always count to 3 before we do anything. His favorite is 1-2-3 JUMP. He jumps so hard that he'll fall on his bottom. It's pretty funny and we make sure we laugh at him so he laughs at himself! We say 1-2-3 THROW. This has been helpful b/c when we hear him saying 1-2-3 we know to look and see what he's about to do!!!!
He can meow on cue when asked what the kitty cat says... 50% of the time he can get the cow right and oddly enough... He refuses to do the dog sound, but LOVES dogs? Still though, his favorite word is OUTSIDE. He grabs our fingers and takes us to the door. If you aren't ready to take him outside he throws a huge fit, SMH... He gets that impatience honestly, from both his mama and daddy!
Miles mastered the stairs last month, but when challenged with more than 3 or 4 he chooses to crawl up and down them. Hey, whatever works! He loves taking things "out" and putting them back "in." He does that with his blocks and toys. He'll take them out of his toybox then then he'll pick them all back up and put them in his toybox. He decided to do that with goldfish and popcorn recently. I could care less... we have a dog who will clean up behind him, but it burns his daddy up! ha! He usually picks one or two back up and has a snack while he's at it!
He is a mama's boy! I'm loving it, Brent not so much! But, the day is coming when he'll want to do everything with Daddy... so I'm soaking it up while I can! I won't even complain about my constant bathroom partner! Hopefully, that will bode will for me when we get to potty training! But, I do understand why my Mom started locking the bathroom door behind her when we were little! Eventually, it will become the "SANITY" room and I'll lock it behind me too!
Right now the worst thing you can do to him is bring him inside from outside OR change his diaper! He doesn't want to be calm or still very often, when he does I take advantage!
Other than talking about my child... Brent and I are good. I love my new part time job advising students for Business School. It is the best job ever! Brent is enjoying teaching. He got to teach an ACT prep this class this year... he loves having some Juniors to break up his day with Freshman. His basketball team looks promising, which he NEVER says and has alluded to this year! We are expecting my first biological niece in December, just in time for Christmas! My brother and sister in law are having a girl and naming her Baylee Kaye!
More later! Enjoy the next post, pictures!!
No comments:
Post a Comment