Monday, July 16, 2012

slacking...

I guess that would be the perfect way to describe my blog lately! I'm so far behind. If I don't catch up, I 'll forget all these sweet memories!

Miles has had an ear infection. He's had it since the first week in June. Hopefully, it will be clear soon and no tubes will be necessary. We'll find out at his 15 month check-up next week.

Baby boy is holding steady at 22 lbs. It's easy to weigh him now b/c he loves getting on our bathroom scale. In fact, he stays right under me in the bathroom. I flush him out by turning the blow dryer on him! Ha, call it bad parenting if you wish, I call it being resourceful! :)

He talks ALL the time. NO IDEA what he is saying, but I love every jibber jabber of it! He gets real frustrated when he can't communicate with us. We don't give him what he wants, even though we know through context clues what he wants, rather we make him figure out how to tell us. So now, he will take our hands to the front or back door (he wants to go outside), or to the fridge (he wants juice). And, some others that he does.

Miles has mastered going down the steps to our bedroom. He can get up any steps, no problem. Going down has always been difficult, but now he is a pro. No more standing on the top step crying for mama to come help him!

Boy LOVES to jump! He jumps on our bed, his bed, the couch, on the floor. It doesn't matter he likes to jump, and knows what I mean when I say JUMP! He has just gotten into this phase of SPINNING around. It's hilarious. He looks so drunk when he gets finished... it usually ends with him laying on the floor laughing. I don't want to know what my life would be like without him!!!

His language is starting to develop. Outside, cheetoe, mama, dada, and ugh ugh seem to be the most repeated words!

Being part-time is the best! I love my job and love being home with Miles more. This summer has been so awesome. Brent and I have gotten to keep Miles all to ourselves! This summer will go down as one of my favorites!

I'll post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment